External repairs and re-decorations to both timber and metal surfaces were undertaken at 30 Threadneedle Street, London.
These works were undertaken in partnership with The Merchant Taylor Company and the Historic Building Project Architects Purcell Miller Tritton, and completed on time and within budget.
Romford Building Services recognised the constraints of working in such a location including but not limited to:
- Landlocked building with access to the internal courtyard only available via ornate internal corridor area.
- Access to high levels within the courtyard.
- Courtyard surfaces which would be vulnerable to damage; including stone surfaces, statues and a central ornamental fountain.
- Future ceremonial pre-booking of the area.
With these in mind a programme of works was drawn up, our experienced fully trained and competent operatives appointed to the project and as necessary full protection provided during the works.
Access to high levels was achieved via the use of specialist tracked access platforms which gave flexibility in the restricted courtyard areas along also with cost savings compared with traditional static scaffolding.
Given the age and character of the building, techniques and materials were approved by the Project Architect and used to harmonise and bring forward once again the full character of the building areas.
The area was handed over to both the Client and their Architects within the time scale agreed, complete also with undertaking a number of additional decorations to even further enhance the courtyard area.
Both The Merchant Taylor Company and Historic Building Architects expressed their complete satisfaction following these works.
Recognising the suffering of animals from thirst c. 1860 these functional shelters were erected. Now as part of our heritage they require specialist care to maintain their existence for all to appreciate.
Romford Building Services working with the Corporation of London, took details of such a structure in Epping Forest.
In this case, decaying eaves were causing concern and these were sympathetically re-modelled using modern Oak materials and traditional hand crafting techniques to achieve the same ornate profile.
The detailed components were then offered up and fixed into position using traditional installation methods, leaving only the fact that original materials had weathered significantly over the years to show that any renovation works had been undertaken.
To complement and complete the renovation of this exposed structure the upright supports were coated with a decorative finish to suit the location.
The Corporation of London expressed their complete satisfaction following these works.
Romford Building Services have recently finished a comprehensive refurbishment of parts of the Royal Courts of Justice in London. By adopting a softly, softly policy, remedial works have been carried out professionally and discreetly in high profile areas of this magnificent architectural building. It has been necessary to carry out work to satisfy the exacting demands of the English Heritage.
Romford Building Services carried out a total refurbishment of a landmark 100ft high clocktower at Widford.
Built in 1954 alongside the Britvic Factory and once housed the factory hooter and also accommodates the main boiler chimney.
The weather beaten clocktower was dilapidated and in danger of collapse. It was renovated using recycled materials, including recycled glass which was formed into boards that made up the base coat. The top render also comprised 70% recycled material. These materials were chosen in line with the client (Britvic’s) commitment to looking after the environment.
The old Britvic sign was replaced with a modern brighter one with energy-saving LEDs and releaded roof.